Software Engineering Advisor
Compensation: $96,100.00 - $134,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Strategic Staffing Solutions is searching for a Software Engineering Advisor!
We are recruiting for a Fortune 500 Company and YOU could be their next hire!
Not available but know someone with your similar experience .
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Title:Software Engineering Advisor
Role Type: W2
Location: St. Louis, MO
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
How to Apply: Send resume in MS word format to, Bruce Wallace, Sourcing Specialist, at ...@strategicstaff.com. Reference JO# 158324.
This 'Software Engineering Advisor' role will be expected to support all aspects of the Strategic Analytics Data Engineering teams mission; which is enable the enrichment, curation, and productization of operational data. Will also play a pivotal role in the team migrating to Postgres.
- Partner with other Senior Advisors to optimize our Postgres and Microsoft SQL servers/processes
- Work with Operations business partners and Strategic Analytics colleagues to evaluate complex user-requests/projects.
- Partner with subject matter experts to gain a working knowledge of legacy applications/code in need of migration.
- Work with Senior Software Development Engineers/Architects to deliver products aligned with recommended architectural/design patterns.
- Test product performance, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot errors.
- Help to solidify objectives and functional requirements for new or enhanced application capabilities.
- Help to determine/estimate feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system.
- Prepare project documentation when needed.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Postgres, SQL Server, and SSIS.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Hadoop
- Experience with creating API endpoints.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical expertise for SQL related design, performance, security and configuration.
- Maintaining, monitoring and supporting complex database solutions.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and problem resolution of SQL Server.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in programming / software development.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
Set the bar high for what a company should do
Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
Life & Disability Insurance Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition ReimbursementJob Requirements:
Associated topics: backend, back end, c++, c#, developer, devops, perl, php, programming, sde
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...