IT Software Development Specialist
Compensation: $87,580.00 - $125,770.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
IT Software Development Specialist
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts . Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.PRIMARY PURPOSE
: To develop, maintain, test and debug software to meet generally defined requirements in a Windows client/server environment utilizing software development languages/environments such as PL/SQL, Oracle, Progress 4 GL Application Development Environment (ADE), .Net, Microsoft SQL, or other platforms; to formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding for the purpose of developing or modifying moderately complex information systems; to prepare detailed specification from which programs will be written; and to design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Becomes extremely familiar with several key modules of the application that are being supported such modules include but not limited to reports, parameters, claims management, intake services and interfaces.
- Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
- Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
- Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
- Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
- Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
- Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- Assists other departments with technology-related projects by writing, editing and reviewing creative materials as well as providing information and direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & LicensingWORK ENVIRONMENT
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information systems or cmputer science major preferred.
Five (5) years experience working in the software development lifecycle to include three (3) years specifically using a software development platform to build or enhance technology solutions and three (3) years of specific experience/knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl, or Progress 4GL or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of software development and applications design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Understanding of business processes and constraints
- Proven ability to work with a specific software development technology pertinent to the department's needs and goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talkingNOTE:
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employerand aDrug-Free WorkplaceJob Requirements:
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c c++, c#, develop, perl, php, programming, software developer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...