- Public Health Solutions
- $96,060.00 -170,900.00/year*
80-25 126th St
With an annual budget of $1.6 billion and more than 6,000 employees throughout the five boroughs, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is one of the largest public health agencies in the world, serving over 8 million people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. With over 200 years of leadership in the field, we're also one of our nation's oldest public health agencies. The challenges we face range from obesity, diabetes and heart disease to HIV/AIDS, tobacco addiction and substance abuse, and the threat of bioterrorism. We're tackling these issues with innovative policies and programs and getting exceptional results. Our work is never finished, however. The breadth of our innovative programs provides the widest range of choices for every member of our team.
This position will be situated within DOHMH's Bureau of Immunization (BOI) team. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to lead the design, development, and implementation of software solutions to achieve the objectives of DOHMH's participation in the national Digital Bridge project for capturing electronic reporting of reportable vaccine-preventable disease cases in Maven, DOHMH's disease surveillance system used by BOI. In addition, this position will be responsible for leading the effort to improve DOHMH's electronic lab reporting as it flows from DOHMH's Electronic and Clinical Lab Reporting System (ECLRS) through DOHMH's Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI) to the BOI's Maven disease surveillance system. The position will also collaborate with BOI's disease surveillance and Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) staff to enhance vaccine-preventable disease surveillance and disease outbreak response activities.
The selected candidate will be an employee of Public Health Solutions, which is the fiscal and administrative manager of the program, but will work at DOHMH's headquarters in Long Island City, Queens, NY and be supervised by DOHMH.
This position is grant funded until approximately September 30, 2021.
The selected candidate's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Leading the design, development, and implementation of software solutions to improve electronic case reporting and electronic lab reporting to through Digital Bridge (case reporting only) and EDRI to Maven.
* Producing detailed documentation of software developed and managing the source code in the DOHMH repository.
* Diagnosing and working collaboratively with Consultants and project staff, including, DOHMH staff, to resolve technical problems related to software applications.
* Performing data analyses to inform BOI leadership of progress toward project goals and to enhance vaccine-preventable disease surveillance and outbreak response.
* Providing technical database expertise and assistance.
* Performing software and hardware research, as related to the technical project deliverables.
* Writing reports and preparing abstracts and presentations to share results with other health departments in the national public health community.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in a computer science or related computer field.
* Two years of responsible full-time experience in information technology.
* At least 3 years of experience in computer science or related computer field.
* A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in a computer science or related computer field.
* Experience in software/hardware research.
* Knowledge of relational database management systems and SQL,
* Experience in object-oriented software development, preferably in Java.
* Experience with the Linux Operating System.
* Hands-on development experience, preferably in the public health field.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Public Health Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, and veterans.
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, develop, devops, sdet, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer, sw
Associated topics: algorithm, java, matlab, php, programming, python, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...