Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consulting Member of Technical Staff
Are you passionate enough to lead architecture, design and coding of Blockchain Platform in Oracle Public Cloud? Are you excited enough to deal with problems involving the spectrum of consensus, trust, sharding, privacy, confidentiality in a large-scale, trust based distributed system? If answers to the above questions are \"YES\", you are reading the right job description for you.
This position is for someone who is passionate about potential of blockchain technology to change the industry landscape and how business is done. As a Consulting Member of Technical Staff you will own and lead software architecture and development of several components for Blockchain Platform in Oracle Public Cloud. You should have good understanding of the blockchain concept from technology and business application perspective. As a leading architect, you should be able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
* 12 years experience of delivering large scale, highly available distributed systems with at least 5 years of experience in an architect capacity.
* 1 year of in-depth, hands-on experience with blockchain technology. Prefer experience with Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum Enterprise implementation.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Understanding of microservices architecture and Docker infrastructure
* Understanding of security technologies: PKI, Crypto, identity management
* Strong sense of ownership, passion to build quality products for massive scale in collaborative, agile environment and excitement to learn.
* BS in Computer Science;
* Masters / PhD degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields
* Recognized expertise in Blockchain applications as evidenced by industry participation, publications and/or awards
* Experience and/or knowledge in open source development
* Experience of architecting and designing PaaS services for public cloud
Associated topics: backend, c c++, c#, develop, developer, matlab, php, programming, python, software developer