Cloud Foundry Engineer
Telework / MO
Exempt,Full Time, Regular
The CloudFoundry Engineer willperform operations and maintenance for the cloud.gov technical system,specifically the Cloud Foundry-based platform and supporting services and webapplications.
* Operate,maintain, monitor, and update a Cloud Foundry deployment and the supportingservices underlying cloud.gov.
* Provideconsultation for the cloud.gov development team to support Cloud Foundry bestpractices for existing and new capabilities.
* Automateoperation processes and increase the resilience of the system.
* May supervise others
* Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 8 years of full-time workexperience
* 3 years of experience designingand developing business applications or other software
* Experience working in a teamenvironment applying XP methods (such as pairing and test-driven development)and agile practices (such as Scrum or Kanban)
* Strong experience with deploymentand operation of Cloud Foundry, with hands-on experience applying related toolsincluding Concourse, BOSH, and Terraform
* Experience using git (andpreferably GitHub) to manage code and infrastructure configuration
* Experiencelogging and monitoring distributed systems (using tools such as ELK orPrometheus)
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
* Abilityto work with Golang, Python, and Java code
* Skillswith applying containerization tools (such as Docker) and containerorchestration tools (such as Kubernetes)
* Familiaritywith providing common managed services using the Open Service Broker API (suchas Elasticsearch, S3, or RDBMSes)
* Knowledgeof best practices and recommendations for cloud governance and costminimization
* Knowledgein operating distributed and cloud-native architectures
* Knowledgewith operating common AWS services (such as EC2, VPC, S3, ELB,
* SecurityGroups, IAM, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail) and preferably other public cloudssuch as Google Cloud Platform, Azure, OpenStack, etc.
* Operatingsystem administration and security - Ubuntu Linux and preferably also WindowsServer
* Knowledgewith DevOps processes/tools and have an understanding of secure coding,testing, and deployment practices (i.e. DevSecOps)
* Knowledgewith operating a service requiring at least 99.99% availability.
Physical Demands:(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.)
* While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal OpportunityEmployer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.