McKesson Pharmacy Systems (MPS) is seeking a highly motivated entry level Software Engineer to join our EnterpriseRx? Software Development team.? MPS offers an array of integrated pharmacy software solutions for the health care industry.? Our products and services are utilized by thousands of pharmacies nationwide within the independent, chain, and hospital market segments. At McKesson, our core values are the foundation of everything that we do.? We strive for excellence and challenge each other to raise the bar.?? We offer an invigorating blend of challenge and opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.? At MPS, we actively work with you to invest in your professional development. Located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, MPS is a business unit of McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK), which is headquartered in San Francisco, California.Position Description
If you have a passion for engineering quality software, we are interested in you. You will work as part of a collaborative and highly skilled Agile Research and Development team to provide solutions that positively and directly impact pharmacies and help their patients live healthier lives.?? EnterpriseRx? is a world-class software solution that drives all activity within the pharmacy.
- Engage with Product Owners, Customers, and Customer Representatives to develop and implement elegant and effective solutions
- Participate in the development of User Stories
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Creatively investigate and remediate customer facing issues and defects
- Participate in ongoing software and process improvement initiatives that seek to reduce effort for our customers and ourselves
- Develop and execute unit/integration tests
- Demonstrate solutions to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers in Sprint Reviews.
- Learn and understand the pharmacy domain and the unique challenges our customers face to develop solutions that help patients live healthier lives
- 0-25% travel
- 1 + years of experience in software engineering and/or equivalent
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented languages (Java preferred)
- Agile development
- Knowledge of relational databases (such as Oracle) and Structured Query Language (SQL)?
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes
- Have a desire to make a difference
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c#, developer, programming, python, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer