Compensation: $104,620.00 - $154,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Description:Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
You'll have an opportunity to work on world-class programs such as Orion, SBIRS, GPS-III, Commercial Vehicles, Deep Space Exploration, Classified Special Programs, and Communications Systems.
Within these Programs, you will participate in the design, development, verification and deployment of complex new systems. You will utilize your previous systems experience, and/or skills, to develop and maintain systems. You will directly help establish the technical solution and overall system design for our country's most vital and complex Systems.
This specific position is for the Janus program within Deep Space exploration. Embedded Software Engineer team member who will be responsible for FSW and Simulation development in C and or object-oriented C++ for SmallSat spacecraft which include requirements analysis and definition, design, code, unit test, integration, and certification of the software. Additional responsibilities include software integration into testbeds and Janus spacecraft. Problem solver who meets deadlines, communicates effectively, enjoys challenges, can work independently, and has the ability to learn new information and systems quickly. Good teamwork skills; desire to work with high performance software development teams.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
* Paid time off
* Work/life balance
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* Full lifecycle Software Development experience (Requirements through Qualification testing)
* Previous experience developing embedded real-time C/C++ software in a Linux/Unix environment for use in the VxWorks operating system
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent team orientation
* VxWorks real-time embedded software development experience.
* Development experience with hardware - software interfaces.
* Experience in spacecraft Software Development to include, requirements development, software design, software coding and testing, integration, and acceptance testing.
* Experience with DOORS requirements management system.
* Problem solver who meets deadlines, communicates effectively, enjoys challenges, can work independently, and has the ability to learn quickly.
* Ability to develop and present material at major program software reviews.
* Demonstrated adherence to high ethical standards and conduct
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: back end, c++, developer, php, programming, python, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...