Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Linux System Engineer to support our DISA Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Scott AFB, IL. We are presently hiring several resources across through locations: Ft Meade, MD; Montgomery AL and Fort Meade, MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
In this role you will:
* Support the development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure within the JRSS architecture.
* Provide tier 2/3 operations support for JRSS Linux systems.
* Implement, test and evaluate upgrades, perform patching, STIG'ing, and troubleshoot system issues.
* Support the design, development, test, and deployment of the JRSS Linux based systems as required for new or upgraded functionality.
* Develop documentation as required to operationalize new or updated capabilities. Deploy systems into production.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent Work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* You must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret per program requirements
* You must hold a current IAT II 8570 Certification (Security+ce or CISSP preferred)
* Very good understanding of Linux Server design, configuration and administration
* Scripting experience
* Significant experience administering Linux servers
* Experience with Puppet
* Experience with NFS, NTP, Syslog, RHEL Linux, Satellite
* Experience with DISA STIGs
* DoD 8570 certification
* Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
* Good understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
* Ability to write scripts to complete repetitive tasks using open source programming languages such as Shell script Python, Bash, Ruby, and/or Perl
* Familiarity with RDBM systems such as Oracle
* Virtualization technologies including RHEV, VMware, vSphere, or Citrix Xenserver
* Good understanding of ports and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, NFS)
* Experience with network storage such as SAN and NAS, specifically HP and EMC products
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500? information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.