Software Verification Engineer
Compensation: $126,470.00 - $187,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Introduction to the role:
Responsible for planning, developing, and execution of automated and manual test scripts in software engineering department. You will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers.Essential job responsibilities
- Work closely with software development to understand product requirements and to create corresponding test plan, test designs\test protocols, and build test strategies for the project.
- Assist product owners in refining the definition of acceptance criteria for user requirements.
- Design, develop and execute functional test cases, according to standard operating procedures
- Responsible for conducting tests to support the software created by developers fits its purpose.
- Ensure the software meets the intended requirements and software specifications, and all established quality standards specified in the test plan.
- Work with the software development team to review test cases for completeness.
- Design and develop automated test framework for functional and regression testing.
- Record, report and verify software defects in defect tracking tool
- Ensure that all standard methodologies and enterprise standards are followed
- Work in a scrum development environment
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years software testing experience including test automation and developing test plans, traceability matrixes, test cases, and test protocols
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications
- Experience with writing test scripts using web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, and JSON.
- Working knowledge of SQL to query transactional databases required.
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
- Experience in executing and developing automated test suites for performance Testing.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to establish solid business relationships and work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Experience working as a software test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
- Experience in Medical device industry is a plus
- Experience working in fast-paced environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test engineer on a complete software system.
- Experience with Accessibility, API and/or Performance testing
- Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, with writing and running automation scripts and summarizing results in the context of the system as a whole.
- Passionate about testing, improving healthcare, and the future of connected devices technology
- Excellent written, communication and social skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: .net, application, back end, c++, developer, java, php, python, software developer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...