Loading some great jobs for you...
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna is a leading health services company, with a global presence and 95+ million customers. The new Data & Analytics (DNA) group at Cigna is developing innovative technology to make healthcare simple, transparent, and more affordable. We are seeking full stack software / data engineers to join us and help modernize the healthcare industry.
This team develops applications that provide Cigna with the analytics to optimize affordability for its members. We're build a next generation anomaly detection tool to analyze historical data, identify insights, forecast trends, and recommend actionable items to improve total medical costs. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, and deploy new applications and features that will directly impact Cigna's bottom line, to ultimately provide better and more affordable healthcare.
Our team uses a variety of technologies, from big data in the form a growing Hadoop cluster, to the latest web frameworks. You will get to build state-of-the-art technology that is scalable and robust, utilizing cloud infrastructure, and full automation.
- You will develop full stack applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed. You are comfortable with all layers of the stack, from the database to the front-end.
- You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from design to implementation.
- You will ship production code to a large customer base, and will take full ownership of your work, including testing and deployments.
- You will collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs. You know how to navigate an organization to find the people and answers you need.
- You know how to make engineering trade-offs and how to communicate them to others. You can prioritize many competing tasks on an aggressive timeline.
- You are passionate about learning about healthcare as well as technology.
- You are entrepreneurial, business-minded, and are willing to take risks and advocate new ideas
- 2+ years in Web development frameworks: React, React-native, NodeJS, etc.
- 2+ years being part of Agile teams Scrum or Kanban
- 2+ years with object-oriented languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, or other OO compiled language
- RDBMS knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and experience working with large data sets
- You know your way around Linux
- Experience with Git/SVN
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
BONUS POINTS for any of the following:
- CI/CD experience (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) and a TDD mindset
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS or other)
- A good eye for UX, with basic knowledge of Bootstrap / Foundation, LESS / SASS / Stylus
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, AJAX, and ability to develop on the front-end without a designer
- Big Data/MPP systems (Hadoop, Hive/Impala, Spark, Teradata, etc.)
- Prior healthcare experience