MES Analyst / SAP MII Developer
Compensation: $91,430.00 - $129,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Amcor Rigid Packaging
MES Analyst / SAP MII Developer
The MES Analyst / SAP MII Developer will provide solution design, development, and support to the Manufacturing Operation utilizing the SAP MII platform custom developed shop floor application. This individual must be capable of developing, enhancing, and maintaining SAP MII applications for customized functionality as required for shop floor data collection and transactional execution, interfaces to external systems including OPC Servers, PLC's, and other connectors for collecting data, transforming as needed, storing to local databases, and interfacing with SAP ECC. The ideal candidate will have manufacturing shop floor system development experience and will have been involved in a number of major SAP MII implementations from blueprint and discovery through the project implementation, roll out, and post support.
Through their proven experience, the candidate will play a key role in establishing system design and direction within Amcor Rigid Packaging for major initiatives for Machine Learning, Digitization, IoT, Smart Factory, and Industry 4.0.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support global SAP MII implementation and projects (NetWeaver, MII, PCo, Oracle, DB2, and NWDI/CTS+)
- Develop interfaces/connectivity to manufacturing equipment as needed for automated data collection through direct connection with SAP Plant Connectivity (PCo) or via the SCADA system (Wonderware).
- Manage all code in a formal source control system (NWDI) including change management procedures as well as management of transports (CTS+) for code moves between development, test, and distributed production servers.
- Develop product barcode labels needed for internal and external Customers utilizing Zebra ZPL II language and formatting.
- Develop and manage RFC and iDoc interfaces between SAP MII and SAP ECC.
- Create applications and developed systems documentation and training materials.
- Provide training for developed solutions to the IT Team and end-user community as necessary (various levels of the organization).
- Implement on-going release management processes to support the shop floor functions.
- Provide manufacturing business post-go-live support for new developments.
- SAP MII analysis, development, training, and end-user support utilizing SAP s NetWeaver, MII, PCo, and NWDI modules.
- Oracle 11g and DB2 10.2 support from the application design and development aspect.
- Basic knowledge of Greytech RealSPC, Allen-Bradley PLC s, and Wonderware (SCADA) is a plus.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Effective team player, able to work with a diverse workforce.
- Spanish written and oral communications are a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, results-oriented and have a track record of timely, high-quality deliverables.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must have strong presentation skills.
- Must have demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Must be agile and dynamic in response to the customers.
- Must be positive and possess the right attitude to learn and teach others.
- Must have expectations of growth in a global company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Systems Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing complex solutions with SAP MII.
- A Minimum of 10 years prior experience in SAP MII analysis, development, and implementation project participation.
- Experience in a manufacturing company is required; repetitive manufacturing a plus.
- Strong database skills required (Oracle and DB2).
- Strong web development with an emphasis on Java Scripting.
- Experience in creating query templates, display templates, business logic transactions, reports, and web page user interface development.
- Experience with establishing, configuring, and maintaining SAP ECC interfaces to SAP MII MES systems.
- Some experience in implementing corporate level dashboards/reporting in MII a plus.
- Crystal Developer experience a plus.
Reports to: Mgr, Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Plant/shop floor
- Office environment
- Less than 10% travel (potential for 50% during projects)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
The information conatined herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: backend, c++, develop, devops, java, matlab, php, programming, python, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...