Compensation: $90,770.00 - $130,800.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Software Engineer will be responsible for development of new software and integration of existing open source and commercial software for a large, complex enterprise search system. In this position the individual will need to be a self-starter and with the ability to solve complex problems under minimal supervision.
Development and integration tasks will include:
- Developing software architecture, requirement analysis, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, implementation and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems)
- Acting as a technical expert in software engineering and big data analytics to build a large highly complex software system using best practices in the industry
- Researching recent innovative technologies for future enhancements and implement as required
- Developing software code for a Unix or Linux Environment, using unit test framework, build automation, and source code version control management tools
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree - preferably in Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- 6+ years of experience supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
- 6+ years of experience with basic Unix/Linux operation system administration and shell scripting (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- 6+ years of current experience implementing Web Services using Java EE (6 or 7), using Spring Framework API, Spring Integration, Mule or Apache CamelAbility to deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-###-#### or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: algorithm, java, perl, programming, python, sde, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...